Thursday 9 May 2013

A Male Card With Hexagonal Shapes

I have been busy recently preparing for my classes, so that is why I haven't had much time to make some cards to post. 

I finally got time the other day to have a play with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder from the Seasonal Catalogue.  I used Core'dinations Early Espresso card and so sanded it a little after I embossed it.  It makes the shapes stand out that much more.  I added some smaller hexagonal shapes made from the Parker's Pattern DSP range inside some of the shapes. To do this I embossed the DSP paper first and then used my scissors to cut the shapes out using the embossed lines as a guide. I mounted all this onto Whisper White card and lastly added some twine and a sentiment. I think I may try something like this again, but next time use Crumb Cake as my base card.

IMG_3348 Hexagonal Early Espresso card



If you would like to know more about my classes, click here.

Come back in a couple of days and see what we made at the Saturday class.
Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.  They are very much appreciated.  

Angela



1 comment :