Wednesday 22 May 2013

A 40th birthday card

In the weekend I attended my oldest cousin's 40th birthday celebration which was high tea in a lovely cottage in Athenree, near where she lives with a small group of special family and friends.

Her favourite colour is purple, so my main focus of her card was to have purple in it.  She also likes flowers and many years ago used to work with flowers, so I wanted to incorporate that into the card too.

I started the card in the afternoon and finished it in the evening.  I initially added some ribbon which I thought was purple, but when I took it down to the other end of the house, in a different light I realised it was more of a navy blue than purple.  Oh dear!  I wanted it all to be matching so I wasn't happy with how it looked.  I didn't want to pull the ribbon off and risk spoiling the card, so I found some other purple ribbon (kindly given to me from my upline, Julia) and mounted that over the top off the other one.  At least it added a bit more dimension to it and now it all matched.  

I also made her a small gift bag with some chocolates in it too to go along with her main gift, some earrings.


A close up of the card:


Inside the card:

Supplies:

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Memorable Moments. Bloomin’ Marvelous (SAB 2013)

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, Elegant Eggplant

Ink: Elegant Eggplant

Other: Big Shot, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder,  Blossom Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Ribbon (retired), Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, 


The gift bag:


 For the gift bag I used the 2-5-7-10 box tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers.



Stamps: Easy Events, In Stitches Wheel
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
Other: Stampin’ Around Handle (Jumbo), 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Wisteria Wonder Ruffed Ribbon (retired), Sponges, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive

Thanks for visiting and for your comments.  They are very much appreciated.
Angela






No comments :

Post a Comment