Friday 26 April 2013

Another Pinwheel Card and Some Tips

I enjoyed making my pinwheel card the other day, but I found it a bit fiddly to put the brad in so I today I had another try and came up with a way to make it a bit easier to do.  All you need is a pin with a plastic head.  Once you have cut out the pinwheel from your Sixzzlits S Die, use a pin to push out any of the holes if they haven't already come out.  Then push the pin partly up through the middle hole (from the bottom up).  Fold each corner in and thread onto the pin.  When you have all four corners on the pin, jiggle it a little so that all the holes are lined up.  Next carefully take the pin out while still holding it together with your other hand.  Have your brad ready to slip into all the holes from the top down and secure.  

IMG_3345

Supplies:
Stamp: Memorable Moments
Ink: Island Indigo
Card: Whisper White, Island Indigo
DSP: Sycamore (from SAB)
Other: Big Shot, Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Mini Brads, Crystal Effects, Pin (non SU), Kebab stick (non SU)

With this card I have stamped the sentiment onto the Whisper White before I embossed it with the Cloudy Day embossing folder.  I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from Memorable Moments.  The "Happy" and "Birthday" are two separate stamps, so depending on the size of the space on your card, you can either have one long greeting, or one word above the other like I have done here.  I definitely needed the Stamp-a-mi-jig here to make sure I stamped the greeting straight.  The Stamp-a-mi-jig is a very useful tool.

Also with this card I decided to use a kebab stick for the pinwheel stick.  For the stick on the pinwheel I have seen various things used.  This includes a thin strip of card or DSP, twine or a kebab stick.  Sometimes I have seen just the pinwheel on its own with no stick.   I wanted this card to be different from the one I did yesterday, so I decided to use a kebab stick as adds a bit more dimension to the card, but is a bit harder to stick on.  I found Crystal Effects really good to adhere it to the card.  I then adhered each pinwheel above the stick with a Dimensional. 

If you would like to try to make this card, the Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die is very reasonable at $10.95 and is a great way to use of some of your DSP scraps.  

Thanks for visiting and for your comments.

Angela



2 comments :

  1. another gorgeous pinwheel card Angela. They really are pretty in the double sided PP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of the Pinwheel Angela!!

    ReplyDelete