Saturday 9 March 2013

NZSU Week 8 Challenge and TSOT # 108

I decided to use the sketch for Try Stampin' On Tuesday #108 as my starting point for the NZSU Week 8 Challenge.  

Here is the sketch.



The NZSU challenge is to use a colour combination from the "Colour Coach" using the Creative Combination selection.  I have used Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade.

Here is the card I made:



I didn't have any matching ribbon in any of the three colours and I thought it would look best in the boldest colour, Elegant Eggplant so I thought I would dry emboss some card to give an interesting effect.  However, I didn't have any Elegant Eggplant card to use, so I coloured Whisper White with my marker, let it dry and then dry embossed it.  As it was white card I had to colour the edges of the card. I think it turned out quite well.

I would have liked to have punched the sentiment out with an oval shape, but I don't have any oval shaped punches (yet!), so I trimmed the two edges with my circle punch.  

Supplies:
Stamps:Memorable Moments

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade (markers)
Card: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
DSP: In Colour 2011-2013 Stack - Wisteria Wonder
Other: Big Shot, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Basic Pearl Jewels, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  I really appreciate you taking the time to leave them.  

Angela


5 comments :

  1. Clean and simple. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Angela. You did a superb job

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea if you don't have the colour you want - must remember this. This is a very elegant card - my kind of style. Thanks for playing along at TSOT (& NZSU challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super cute! I think its a great idea to colour white card with the colour needed. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela this is so beautifully done. I really love your take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete