Thursday 8 November 2012

Pink, purple and cupcakes

Pink, purple and cupcakes is a great combination for a girl's card.  I made this card for my niece's 6th birthday.  This is a similar style layout to the card I made a couple of weeks ago with the ducks on it, but it looks quite different with a different image and colour combination.

This card features a trick I have learnt from Dawn T.  She taught me to sponge white paper with ink to get the right colour to match.  Usually this isn't an issue when using Stampin' Up products as the card, inks and markers match each other perfectly, but it is a good trick to know if you run out of matching card.  I didn't have any pink card in the colour I wanted, nor did I have the ink pad, but I did have the pink marker, so I coloured a strip of white paper in ink, let it dry and then punched it with the scalloped trim border punch.  Also, one of the cupcakes didn't stamp too well, so rather than having to stamp all three again, I stamped another one on a blank piece of paper, coloured it, fussy cut it and mounted it over the top with dimensionals and it looks like it was always meant to be like that and adding dimension to the card too.


Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Cardstock: Whisper white, 
DSP: In colours 2011-2013 - Wisteria Wonder
Other: Stampin' Up markers, dimensionals, scalloped trim border punch

Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.

Angela



2 comments :

  1. looks good Angela! love the tips too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Angela. Glad to have passed on a tip... Like yours of adding the dimension to cover your uneven stamping. It really gives the card a special something!

    ReplyDelete